One of our objectives as a special education PTSA is to be a resource to our community. Below are some helpful links, check back as we will continue to add to this page!
Facts for Families
Introducing Facts for Families—a new resource for you! Each month Issaquah Special Education PTSA will present a Facts for Famlies week with daily posts providing tidbits of information on a specific topic. These tidbits and additional information is also compiled into a downloadable fact sheet.
- WA Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- WA OSPI, Special Education home page
- WA OSPI, interpretation and translation services
- WA OSPI, behavior and discipline
- WA state office of the Attorney General, file a civil rights complaint
- Washington State Governor's Office of the Education Ombuds page on Special Education and Section 504
- Good explanation of Prior Written Notice (PWN) from the Ombuds office. Includes sample response if parents need a change to the PWN.
Wright’s Law - Up to date information about special education law and advocacy for children with disabilities
U.S. Dept of Education, file a civil rights/discrimination complaint
U.S. Dept of Education, Individuals with disabilities education act (IDEA) home page
U.S. Dept of Education, Office of Civil Rights
U.S. Dept of Education, parents and families home page